Monday, December 17, 2012

New TV and Flying???

Jan and I went back to Costco to see if we could exchange the first TV which was too big.  We found a Samsung 27" 1080p HDTV that would fit.  Funny it was more money than the 32" we returned!  With some engineering and messing around we mounted the new TV just in front of the cabinet instead of in it and it looks quite good.  Presently we have a SD DVR in the bedroom so part of this process is getting a HD DVR.  I talked to DirecTV for about an hour and on Wednesday they are coming to install a new HD DVR in the bedroom and adding a Whole House System that will enable us to watch programs that have been recorded on either DVR in either room.  Should be cool.  I tried to convince them to just send the equipment to me and I would install it, but no dice.

I spent in excess of 35 years in airports and flying all over the country.  I've been retired now for about 6 months and haven't missed it very much, except now and then the "flying" part, but on Tuesday, tomorrow, I have to fly up to Atlanta, rent a car, see the dentist, and fly back down to Sarasota, and you know what?  I am absolutely dreading it.  Going through the hassles of security, wondering if I'm going to get on the plane ( I ride space available), and getting the rental car is not exciting me.  But it definitely beats driving 10 hours to Atlanta, staying overnight and driving 10 hours back.  Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the benefit, the only one left, of being able to fly free.  I was always thankful when I was working that so many people, customers of the airlines I flew for, were willing to put up with the hassles of flying in today's environment.  If they hadn't I wouldn't have had a job.








2 comments:

Nancy said...

We may cross paths as we will be in Atlanta on the way to Auburn tomorrow. We get in sometime around six. Will keep our eyes open just in case the timing is right. Good luck getting your connections. Dreading the process, no fun in flying any more! Hope your dental appointment goes smoothly!

Bill said...

Thanks. It will go smoothly, this is my normal trusted Dentist. Unfortunately unless things go very, very wrong for me I will be back in Sarasota by 2:30pm. You guys have a good flight, remember to tie Viv into her seat ;-)
Say Hi and Merry Christmas to everyone in Auburn from Jan and I.