Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

Jan took me up to the Apple store yesterday and bought me a birthday present, a new iPhone 5!  Very cool, it has a lot of features that my old 4 didn't have, and now I have Siri which is frankly amazing.  You just talk to the phone, Siri really, ask questions, tell it do things, add things to the calendar, direct you to somewhere, almost anything and it does! How do it do that??

As to DirecTV, I had my doubts that it was possible to add a Whole Home System to our motorhome, but they assured me it was possible, and of course, when the installer got here he said no way can I install a Whole Home System, just what I thought.  So he exchanged our SD DVR for a new HD DVR, and we are happy campers, even more so since DirecTV with prodding agreed to take some money off our bill for our "trouble".  So now we have a much larger HD TV in the bedroom, with a DVR!

We have been spending quite a bit of time with my Mom trying to take care of lots of little things as she gets her affairs in order.  Sounds a bit morbid, but if more people took the time and effort to do it ahead of time, life would be easier for those who remain.  It's a very responsible thing to do, and one Jan and I have and will do for ourselves.  Unfortunately death is a part of life.

We have been having a good time getting together with family and friends, the weather up til last night has been fantastic.  Last night a cold front moved through with thunder and lightning, pouring rain, and wind, wind, wind!  It is still very windy now and is supposed to stay with us until later tonight, and get this, a low of 40 tonight!  Don't laugh, here in Florida, that is really cold.

No comments: