Friday, December 30, 2011

Maybe jumped the gun?

I told you in the last post about tethering the phone and how our internet access was solved.  Ha, yesterday morning at 6am, I get a text on my phone.  I jump up to check it as I am hoping for a text to be able to change my first trip in January, but instead it's a message from AT&T that I have already used 65% of my data plan and to watch out because they charge $10/1G overage.  It seems weird as we have only used the computers a few hours since I signed up.  Reading various other posts on several forums, it appears most people are content with only a few Gig per month?  We signed up for 4Gig and thought it would accommodate us, so now we are reconsidering going to Millenicom for an unlimited, non contract plan, more money, but it might be the way to go.  Do any of you have any idea how much bandwidth you are using?  We don't stream movies, only a very occasional Utube video, so don't know how we are burning through so much bandwidth.  Comments would be appreciated.
We left Longview yesterday and stopped last night in Vidalia, LA at the River View campground RIGHT on the Mississippi.  Very nice, we are literally 100-200 feet from the river.

2 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

Bill, Bill, Bill, every time you open a page it sends a burst of information to your computer. Photos gobble up space as does the annoying advertising videos that come along for the ride. Even your mail accounts use a lot, every old message in your account gets dragged along to add up the count for the month. The reason the smart phones get away with so little is the basic screen size can only handle so much where your computer can absorb a bunch at a time.

Bill said...

So I guess what I want to know is how do people seem to get along with 2G service? I wish there was a good way to track usage. I suppose I just get unlimited and not worry about it, huh?