Monday, December 5, 2011

Eve of the Big One

I've flown another 3 day trip since I was in San Fran, one of those trips that was almost painful.  We had a nice weekend though, Jason came up to visit and we had friends, John and Diane over for dinner and a visit.
I turn the big 60 tomorrow, a birthday I thought that would be completely different for me than it is.  When I started with Delta in 1977, all those years ago, I thought this would be my retirement.  Very fulfilling, completing 34 years, very senior, and comfortably set for the rest of our lives.  Funny how things change.  I'm still here, which is good in itself, doing okay, in a completely different set of circumstances.  Never thought I'd be flying for another airline, never thought I'd be flying past the age of 60, never thought the future would be quite as blurry as it is now.  But Jan and I are still happy, and looking forward to the adventures ahead of us.  I have much to be thankful for, especially Jan, throughout all these years.

6 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

William, Happy Birthday! and as the song goes,

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;

Other times I can barely see.

Lately it occurs to me What a long, strange trip it's been.

Congratulations on making it to this milestone, Sandy, Kris & Co.

Bill said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Nancy and CT said...

Happy Birthday! May it be just the start of a happy rest of your life, filled with blessings!

Bill said...

Thanks, Nancy!

Steve said...

Happy Birthday a day late!!!! The best is yet to come!

Bill said...

Thanks, Steve, I appreciate it!