Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quite a weekend

 It was a great weekend.  Our son, Jason came in Friday evening, three hours earlier than planned which was super.  We were able to have dinner together and visit a bit.  Then on Saturday, after a sensational lunch at a Japanese buffet we love, all fresh sushi, salads, hot items, and more, I received the new Big Boy solenoid to replace my defective one to hopefully rectify my charging issue.  My chassis batteries are not charging properly while I am plugged into shore power, and with quite a bit of analysis and input from other people that have had similar problems, and even a RV electrician, everyone believes the Big Boy is my problem.  The Big Boy looks like this.


This solenoid lives in my rear run box, an electrical box at the rear of the coach inside and to the right side of my engine compartment.  Not bad access for this replacement, wish they all had this much room.  Jason and I got it replaced and tore apart the old one, confirmed that corrosion on the contacts which was what we all anticipated.  The contacts should be bright copper, but this is what they looked like.
We got it all hooked up and I fiddled with the charging profile on the investor and am now waiting to see how it works out over the next few days.
We then went to good friends of ours, John and Dianne's for a fabulous dinner and lively evening of good wine, good food, good cigars, and very good conversation!  We got to see all the progress they have made on their beautiful house John is building singlehandedly.  It sure looks superb, John!

The next day in anticipation of tropical storm Lee approaching we got a few other little items taken care of, including dismantling the blower motor in the Jeep that had a pine needle caught in it just driving me nuts with the tick,tick,tick.......  Thank you, Jason.
We got Jason off early Monday morning in the rain, came back and worked in our storage unit for awhile.  We are determined to get rid of it one way or the other.  Then the real rains came.  Thunderstorms and tornado warnings!  We were lucky again, they all went around us, although there was a significant amount of damage not too far to the northeast of us.
So now back to normal, I even have to go fly today, I'm glad the weather has moved away.



No comments: