Monday, September 19, 2011

Dropped it!

After a wonderful visit to the dentist office, we decided to take the bike out for a ride.  The weather was nice, not too hot so we headed for Dahlonaga in north Georgia for lunch.  After finding the majority of the restaurants closed on Monday we each had Suicide dogs at a little cafe on the square.  We won't get awards for healthy eating, but man, they were good!  Chili, cheese, kraut, and cole slaw makes one hell of a good combo.
After getting back on the bike we headed out of town through a small parking area.  I had to make a real tight u-turn, and halfway through at about 1/2 mph, the bike tipped and I couldn't stop it and over we went.  Really pissed me off!  Neither of us got hurt, and the only damage to the bike was on one luggage carrier.  So now I can't say I never dropped the bike.  We stopped at the body shop on the way back, and they are going to repair and repaint the carrier.  Oh well, sometimes you're the windshield, but this time I was the bug.

2 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

I think you should report "the drop" as going "about one kilometer per hour" sounds more daring.

Bill said...

Probably true. I'll work on the daring factor:)