Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pat Conroy

This is kind of off topic of my blog so to speak, but it really is about us as well as RVing and traveling.  I am a big fan of Pat Conroy's work.  The Great Santini, South of Broad, Prince of Tides, Lords of Discipline, etc are in my opinion, incredible books, engaging, interesting, and able to draw you in with his descriptions and ability to tell a story.  I am only 20% of the way into My Losing Season, and I am blown away.  This book is a story about Pat Conroy himself.  I think those of us who read him understand his own life experiences are his palette as he writes his books, but to hear a description of his life in the starkest true terms in this book make you want to cry out.  It is no wonder he can write with such emotion you can actually feel, as you read what he has experienced in his life.  I think he truly has a gift to be able to put into words the turmoil, rage, humiliation he experienced and still be able to find goodness and honor, and unbelievably humor.
Well enough of the book report.  Tell me what you think.

No comments: