Thursday, April 19, 2012

Still no air!

We got the parts I ordered for the leveling compressor, the pressure switches, the check valves, and a couple fittings.  So Jan and I decided to replace the pressure switch because we believe that has to be the problem.  Well, Jan couldn't get the present switch off.  It is connected to the airline with a push-to-connect fitting.  It is designed to just push the air line into the fitting and it locks, and it is supposed to be easily released by pushing on a ring that goes around the air line.  So after Jan was unable to get it to release, I went under to see if I could get it off.  I'll tell you, it's pretty tight under there!  And I have unexplainably become more and more claustrophobic over the years, and well, I couldn't get it off either in the short amount of time I could stay under there!
So Jason to the rescue, except he couldn't get it to release either, and since we were getting late for our special Lobster dinner, we had to leave it.  Jason is going to come back Saturday morning and try again.
I was going to wash the coach today, and maybe wax it, but the weather folks are already warning all of Florida for severe weather, and tons of rain over the weekend so I decided there was no reason to absolutely guarantee that weather developing, so I'll wait until next week.

No comments: