Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ice!

I've got ice in the freezer!  Murphy's law, of course, when the freezer manufacturer asked me if I was handy with a screwdriver cause that's all it would take to replace the cooling unit, I said yes.  Well 3 hours later I finished replacing the cooling unit.  It was an all in one piece, compressor, flexible copper lines, and the cooling fins for the box.  Very unwieldy with very flexible lines.  Anyway, it's done and working great.
After scoping out the accumulator, I plan to wait for the "diesel mechanic" (Jan) to get back from PA as she is much smaller (yeah, I know) and more flexible to get into a very difficult area.  Also last night at 3am, the air compressor that I have mentioned before that is supposed to run when the air leveling computer tells it too, that we thought we had fixed, decided to run off and on constantly for 25 minutes!  I had to get up and pull out the fuse to get it to stop.  Another project to replace the compressor itself, the only other thing we haven't done to solve the problem.  Also in a place that's small and tight.  I wish the designers and engineers that design these systems would have to work on them once in a while!
Weather's been fabulous.  Visited with my Mom, she's doing pretty good I'm happy to say.  Had a nice dinner with April and Ray, will be nice to be nearby for a month.

No comments: