Sunday, March 25, 2012

No Internet!

Yeah, I've been quiet for a few days.  The internet at the campground in Alabama provided by Tengo Internet was down for 3 days.  Very frustrating.  I  know I've mentioned the internet providers previously, and a deal like this really prompts us to do something about it, but......
Millenicom is the company I mentioned that has internet service with no contracts, and we were getting closer to getting what they called an Advanced plan, 20 GB/mon for $60, but they just discontinued it.  They have an unlimited plan through Sprint, not one of my favorites, for $70/month.  A lot of money if the campgrounds provide decent WiFi, you know, retired now, it's a bunch of money if you go several months and not need it.  We're contemplating it now.  What they need is a plan that allows you to turn it on and off on a monthly basis, listening Millicom???

Good news, my tooth seems fine.

Jan went out the other evening to our freezer in the basement, lucky she did, cause everything was thawing!  We bought this freezer just before we went to Alaska in 2005, and it has been fantastic.  We caught all the food before it was ruined thankfully.  The freezer was made by a company called Engel.  The freezer has a 2 year warranty, so we figured we'd be buying a new one.  They are almost $1000 now!  Called Engel customer service and they had me do several things so they could troubleshoot the problem.  It was found to be a faulty cooling unit.  They said they would ship the new cooling unit to me and for my trouble, they would reduce the listed $367 for the part to $225!  Just like Christmas.  It's nice to give a good report on a company instead of the usual. Another superb company related to RV's is Fantastic Fan.  You can call them anytime with any kind of issue with one of their exhaust fans, no matter how old, and they send you the part ASAP, no charge!

Trying another new thing for fuel conservation.  I have always set the cruise control at 71 mph, cause I've always been in a hurry, even when we haven't been.  I'm trying to cruise now at 66 mph and see what it does for our mileage.  We get a booming 5.5 to 5.7 normally, so we are anxious to see what we get at the slower speed.  Looks promising so far, but we won't know for sure until we run a couple tankfuls.


No comments: