Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another notch

Sold the VW GTI yesterday.  Now we are down to one car.  Funny,we were talking about this today and realized this is the first time ever that Jan and I have had only one car in the 38 1/2 years we've been married!  We've received the base plate, the wiring kit, the air deflector, and the floor and cargo mats.  Now all we need is the new Jeep.  Hopefully soon.  We've got all this stuff jammed in here and there in every little cubby we can find.
I just put in a bid for a schedule that will carry me through April to pull the plug.  It is a deal offered by the company when they are temporarily overmanned, you stay as an active employee, don't work, and of course don't get paid, BUT the company pays your medical.  It's a good deal and just what we can use right now.  It will extend my employment, but not the work.  Pretty cool if I can get it.
We are enjoying an absolutely beautiful day today, sunny and in the mid 70's!

No comments: