Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Last? Day

Sitting here at 6 am thinking about the fact this was supposed to be my last day at work.  Last flying day that is.  The way this is working out is peculiar, I'm actually done flying, but I hope to stay employed through June 1st if I can.  That way my medical insurance is covered until June 30th.  And as any of you who are approaching or into retirement realize, the medical insurance is a biggie.  Right now I am good to go through May 31, and on April 1st I have an opportunity to bid for another one of those schedules that pay nothing but cover the medical insurance for May.  I'll let you know.
What's different this time around is, instead of being officially retired as soon as I stopped working, this time it is only me who knows I'm retired, at least for the time being.

No comments: