Friday, July 24, 2015

A Big Thank You!

I just crossed 32,000 hits on my blog today.  In comparison to heavy hitting blogs it is kind of small potatoes, but for me 8,000 hits per year over the 4 years I've been doing it is fabulous.  Thanks to all of you!

A couple comments.

Jan and I are not happy with the photos recently.  Apple changed things around and replaced iPhoto with Photos and I am being a bit challenged.  I don't have a watermark program to use right now, and both of us feel the pictures are not looking as sharp and crisp as they should.  I am experimenting with a few alternatives now and hopefully I can get Jan's beautiful pictures to pop like they did before.

I started this to basically let my family and close friends be able to follow along and see where we were and what we were doing.  I find that even given my total lack of talent in writing it does give me enjoyment putting the posts and pictures together and I derive a lot of pleasure doing it.  Getting comments is the icing on the cake.  Keep it up!

Please feel free to use the link to Amazon on the blog site.  It costs you no more, and it might get me a tiny rebate for advertising them on my blog.

I am going to try in future posts to include a bit of personal reflection and outlook, and observation that comes from this lifestyle Jan and I so love.  

People ask us when we are going to give up this traveling and fulltiming life and settle down.  In fact right here at our present campground we met a couple that are here for 6 weeks, and they find it odd we are only here for a week.  What is really odd is that even before the week is up, we are both itching to move down the road.  For us at this time in our lives the thought of being locked into one place to live is almost incomprehensible:-)

Here's to you and thanks again from Jan and I on our nomadic highway.

2 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

I am with you on the Photos program. iPhoto was much simpler and effective even by Apple's admission. The trick is getting Photos to stop running automatically. I have gone to Adobe Light Room. A little more detailed than iPhoto but less complicated than Photoshop. I hate upgrading the software in the system.

Bill said...

I understand what Apple was trying to do with integrating the program across all devices, but man they lost a lot of usability, and fans. I will take a look at Light Room. I read today that Impressions which is the plug in I was using with iPhoto, is expected to come out with their update to use with Photos in the fall. Long time to wait.