Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kinda quiet

Not a lot to report.  We've been spending a lot of time with my Mom, who has been pretty good, I'm happy to say.  Doing quite a bit of visiting with friends and family, and celebrating birthdays.  Jan went to a craft show and sold some of her post and note cards, and has been tearing up the Mah Jong circuit :-)  We both have been pretty active with walking every day, it's a great activity that I especially, have been a little remiss with.  

Jason and I did an successful evaluation of adding the starting battery that I mentioned, and it has been ordered and is on the way.  I'm very anxious to see if I get the marked improvement I am anticipating.  Our repaired WiFi antenna should arrive today, so I can get that remounted, and see if the new Wifi system the campground has installed will work.  We had another unexpected problem pop up.  Very minor I might add, our bed can be raised at the foot to access storage underneath.  It has gas struts that hold it up, and one actually locks.  We had it up getting some stuff out when we heard a big bang, and down it crashed.  I checked it out and the locking strut had just bent in half!  Weird.  I searched around the internet for a replacement, but had no luck so called Alliance Coach, a repair facility we have frequented in the past, and sure enough they had one.  I had it shipped, installed it, raised the bed and bang, down it came, and bent the new strut in half.  How can that be?????  Don't have an answer yet, it has been on there and working for over 4 years, what would make it fail now, and especially what would make TWO of them fail?  We are investigating the mystery.

2 comments:

Sandy Smith said...

For what it is worth, back at Erie Sand, all the concrete mixers, dump trucks and semi trucks had four batteries. There was usually an option to go from three to four when you ordered the truck for a nominal charge. The yellow equipment from Cat, Volvo etc. were always equipped with four batteries.

Bill said...

Good to know, Sandy. For some reason, when Monaco built the coach they put in 4 small deep cycle batteries for start batteries. Dumb me calculated wrong when I figured 2 Group 31's would exceed the four, so adding the third Group 31 should do the trick.