Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jan's return

Jan's coming back today.  I haven't had much luck picking up a trip while she's been gone.  There is little open time, which are trips that need to be flown because of conflicts, sick calls, etc.  And because they are  a bit overstaffed at this time of the year, there is a lot of demand for flying time, i.e. money.  I did fly out to Phoenix  and back on Sunday, another look at the recession, every seat was full both directions!  Can't figure it out.
I've been working on a surprise for Jan on the motorhome and I think I've got it done.  Don't want to give it away right now, but it's something she's been wanting for awhile.  I'll fill you in later.
The weather has been awesome!  70's in the day and 50's at night and clear as a bell.  Really enjoying it.
Been doing some work on health insurance for my upcoming retirement.  Thankfully, my retirement group has made incredible inroads on somewhat affordable coverage since I lost what was promised.  The market is taking a nice bounce, hope it hangs in there in anticipation of new leadership in a year! :-)

No comments: