Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bike up for sale

With a bunch of heartache we put the bike up for sale on Cycle Trader today.  So if anyone you know wants a 2007 BMW R1200RT, let me know.  The ad is going to run for two weeks and then if it doesn't sell, we'll wait til spring to try it again.
Jan's back and she had no problem getting here, early even!  She inadvertently found out about my surprise for her, as I had to take a phone call in front of her about it.  It's not a big deal, but it will make life easier.  We have a cabinet in the galley that has a sliding drawer on the bottom and a fixed shelf above that is quite deep.  She has been wanting a sliding drawer on the top shelf for quite a while, but it's difficult for me to build with the limited woodworking tools I still have, and I've been having zero luck in finding a drawer slide that mounts on a shelf.  We found a company in California that custom builds sliding drawers to size, shape, and material.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the cabinet is angled so the drawer has to be angled as well.  It's all ordered and we should get it in about 2 weeks!  Out now to enjoy this glorious weather.

No comments: