Thursday, June 4, 2020

Westward bound

The skies finally cleared for the last couple days in north Georgia, so we took advantage of it.  We had to make an unexpected run back to the vet's office to pick up a prescription for Bert, new food, he's lost a bit of weight, hopefully nothing serious, then made a big loop back through the beautiful countryside.  We decided to go grocery shopping and have  lunch out on the way back.  Although the restaurants are open for inside dining, I am still just a little reluctant so we got some awesome take out BBQ and ate in the truck.
What a spread, no, that's not just for lunch
we ate it the next day as well:-)
Then all stocked up for our run west,
All stocked and ready:-)

we took our last day and went back up to the Nantahala for a picnic, and to see how the fishing looked.  Lots of fishermen, but we didn't see many results.  Wished we had more time to fish, except for..........


A gorgeous section of water!

Except for?  Well, I came down with gout.  I had it one time 7 years ago and thought it was a long since forgotten memory.  Turns out no.  If you aren't familiar with this wonderful affliction, good.  It is extremely painful, and at least for me, centers in the joint behind my big toe, walking is more like limping slowly all the while grimacing, and even the weight of a bedsheet is excruciating.  So I got an opportunity to try all sorts of new things in this corona age.  My regular Doc wasn't available but I was able to Teledoc on FaceTime with another that gave me a prescription, all while in north GA, pretty cool. Unfortunately for whatever reason, the meds didn't seem to work, and by the time I knew I was in trouble we had moved on to Arkansas.  By this time I basically could hardly move.  But thankfully I was able to get in touch with my Doc, and he gave me another prescription.  This time only into the second day of it I am experiencing sweet relief!  Yeah, you probably didn't need to hear any of that:-)

Anyway we left GA and went to AL for our first night, then over to western MS to position ourselves for our window appointment the next morning.
Our nice spot in AL at Quail Creek RV Resort

A baby Preying Mantis in MS

And we even ended the evening with a pretty sunset
RVFogDr is where we had our appointment in the morning.  They are located in Searcy, AR west of Memphis and north of Little Rock, our appt was at noon and we arrived about 10:30am.  I hobbled in and they showed me where to turn around, park, offered us full hook ups with 50 amp, asked which windows we wanted to repair, and then said they'd be with us after lunch.  We got situated, had lunch, and at 1pm they arrived.  They removed the 3 windows in what seemed to be mere moments, and covered the openings with plastic.
Driver's side 3 piece window out and plastic installed
And then in an hour, they came back and replaced the door window with a bright clean repaired window!
Door window going in
I do apologize for the fairly poor photo representation of this operation, but I just couldn't get up and down to do it.

We had planned to spend the night anyway, and thought they would need the next day to get it all done, especially with the other motorhomes already there and the two more that arrived in the afternoon, but by 4:30pm, our 3 windows, all shiny and clear had been reinstalled, all caulked, and we were done.  We opted to stay the night anyway as it was too late to go on down the road.  All was professional, friendly, quick, with a very fair price.  We highly recommend this place for your window needs.
Last bedroom window going in
We are in NE Oklahoma now at a very cool spot.  Cabin Diesel Services in Big Cabin, OK has added a small full hookup campground on the back of his property with 10 sites for overnights.  Long pull-throughs and very reasonable, excellent!




No comments: