Sunday, June 14, 2015

Countdown is on!

Counting off the days til we get the tires rolling again.  Not that we are trying to get out of Karen and Tom's, it's just we get antsy and want to get back on the road.  I've been mowing a bit, enjoying that, but man has it been hot!

We have finally made some progress with the TV, and what a deal that turned into.  I told you we were waiting to hear from a tech to set up a time to fix it.  Well, after hearing nothing for days and days, I called Costco back on Wednesday and asked what was going on?  The problem is, as nice and accommodating as Costco is, they contract out the repairs to a company called ITI, and then they contract out the repairs to individual techs.  So each time you have to wait and hope ITI will pick up their phone, which they often don't.  Anyway, Costco got me over to ITI on Wednesday, we tried to get the tech on the phone with no luck, they finally told me that the tech would arrive at 10am Thurs. Great!  So Jan and I take the TV down out of its mount, a 20 minute job, take it up to the house and wait for the tech.  At noon, after hearing nothing from anyone, I call back Costco, explain what's happening, they attempt to contact ITI but they aren't answering the phone....  I won't bore you with all the details, but let me say I waited 8 1/2 hours for nothing, made 15 phone calls, learned nothing, and went into the early evening with absolutely NO information!  Finally another nice person from Costco gives me the tech's name and number.  I call, of course, no answer, but leave a message hoping to hear back.  We go to bed with no info, overnight he calls back and says to contact him to make an appointment?????????????????  So anyway when we get up I try calling him again, no answer, then finally at 9:30am decide to try one last time and........he answers!  Wants to come either late afternoon or Monday, so I ask if I can take the TV to him.  He says yes, we jump in the truck and hightail it to his shop, and he fixes our TV in about 10 minutes.  He has had basically no communication from ITI, Costco had no good communication from ITI, and of course I had no good info at all.  I have complained to Costco that they need to get rid of this piss poor company ITI and get someone reliable.  I'd be surprised if that goes anywhere.

Then our part for our Winegard satellite antenna came in and Jan and I went up on the roof when we had a little shade and replaced the LNB arm, and wow, we've got HD TV back, all is well in TV land now:-)

We also got the motorhome washed yesterday, so it's all ready for the showers forecast along our route on Wednesday, never fails, right?

No comments: