Sunday, June 17, 2012

The wind!

We sure like the weather out here with one exception, the damn wind!  I've been alluding to it throughout my posts since west Texas.  The weather itself is glorious, into the high 80's during the day and down into the 50's at night, hardly any humidity and bright blue skies.  Except for the wind.  It is still this morning, but I'm sure by 7am it will start as just a slight breeze and you think, wow,this is nice, but by 8am it will be up to 10mph or so, and then by afternoon the motorhome will be shaking!  No I'm not making it up, our 46,000 pound motorhome will be rocking, and we'll be wondering if the slide out awnings will be ripped off the coach.
I usually fly my flag with a small light on top. The light has been blown off twice ruining the light, someone found my flag that had come off in Albuquerque and left it on our picnic table. Thank you.  And last night, after Jan got up at midnite to raise all the awnings, I went out and took down the flag at 2am in a gale force wind, with yet another light ruined.
We are looking forward to getting up into Colorado next week to get out of the wind.  We have given up on losing it here.  Even when the weather forecast says gentle 5-10 mph winds, we will be fighting 20+, and then, of course, when you recheck the forecast it now says 15-25mph.  What a great job, weather reporting, doesn't seem to matter if you ever get it right, you just keep adjusting it.  OK, enough of my rant, off to see the Tent Rocks.

3 comments:

sandy said...

You spent too much time at the flight levels. Anything below 12,000 west of Denver gets rocky after 4:00 p.m.

Bill said...

Maybe, but I'm sick of it, I tell you, I'm sick of it:)

Sandy Smith said...

It ruins a perfectly good afternoon doesn't it! You can damm near set your watch to the 4:00 breeze here but generally being in the valley we don't get it like Twin Falls and Mountain Home.