Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sad

One of our two cats, Sadie, hasn't been feeling good lately so we took her to the vet on Sat.  She has chronic kidney failure.  The vet said they have some success with rehydrating them intravenously for a couple days, about a 70% chance.  We find out on Weds.  Bert, our other cat is missing her already, and it feels funny without her.  They have been with us the whole time we have been full-timing.  They both were shelter cats so we're not totally sure how old they are but we think Sadie is about 9-10 years old.  We have our fingers crossed.  This is Sadie.

Had quite a trip Saturday.  Got to the plane, went through all the preflighting, programming the route, etc and so on, and an agent comes on and says we are taking a different plane to Dallas!  So we had to pack up and move to a new plane and do it all again.  Then on Sunday, I was supposed to fly to Atlanta, then on to Las Vegas.  When we got to Atlanta, I ran up the concourse to get a sandwich and I hear my name being paged, seems they pulled me off my plane for Vegas and put me on a plane to LA, and of course, the plane to LA is all loaded, ready to go when I show up.  Well, every cloud has a silver lining. I find out that when I get to LA I'm supposed to stay overnight and deadhead (ride in the back) back to Atlanta Monday.  On the way to LA, with a really interesting Captain who has an RV as well, I see that the plane I'm flying to LA  is coming right back to Atlanta.  Soooooooo when I get to LA I see if there is room on the flight, there is, call crew scheduling to see if they will let me go back, they do, so I ride back to Atlanta, making for a long, long day, about 12 1/2 hours in the air!  But, unfortunately for whatever reason, I am sick as a dog by the time we get back, lost my voice completely, and clogged up with a bad cold.  So took it real easy yesterday, and am getting over it now.  The winter cold we all seem to have to deal with.
Jan has been working hard getting ready for a craft show in Florida.  She has a photography business with our daughter, Kelly.  She has been making photographic cards, numerous prints on matting in various sizes, and several other types of photos.  The show is a week from Saturday, hoping it will be busy.
Well, the seniority list between AirTran and Southwest was approved yesterday, so they will now be able to move on and combine the airlines.  Going to be many, many changes for the AirTran pilots and employees.  I wish them luck.

No comments: