|Happy Anniversary to us!|
We had lunch, walked around the town, really winding down at this time of year, bunch of shops already closed. Then up and over Molas Pass to Andrews Lake to hike around it and have coffee.
|A great day|
|Gorgeous! Little Molas Lake|
|Not a bad view for lunch|
We replaced our trusty propane fire pit while we were here, for some reason, maybe age, over 4 years old, and leaving it outside all winter long in Florida may have impacted it, but the flame just wasn't coming up to snuff, even after a good cleaning. So after a bit of research we replaced it with a new one, and we have to say the new one is awesome!
|Our nice view from our site, although we haven't been able|
to enjoy it as much as we'd like. The wind funnels down through and chills us to the bone.
In fact, next year we will probably try a different site just for the wind.
|The wax valve.|
It is screwed into the radiator, and you can see the two
hydraulic lines coming in and out
One other project has been waiting on us all summer long. That is the slide seal on the bottom of our rear passenger side slide. To review, we had that seal replaced in 2016 in Oregon. The place we had it done said they had an improved method, that instead of pushing on another bulb seal that had metal teeth to hold it in, they used a flexible rubber flap that had its own adhesive. Unfortunately, that repair didn't last, the rubber used cracked with use and finally started to fall off in chunks, so in early 2018, with the help of our friend Harold, we replaced the seal again with a rubber material that was supposed to be much more flexible and able to withstand the in and out of the slide. And I have to say, Harold and I really thought we had solved the seal problem with all our attention to detail.
|Harold and I getting the jack in place with Scott's supervision|
|We even screwed it in|
|If I do say so, we did a great job|
|Getting ready to jack up the slide|
|A few pieces of the old seal:-)|
|Pushing it on|
|We didn't feel it was secure enough so we decided to|
caulk it in several places both inside and outside
|It's not easy to see in this picture, but you can just make out|
the black piece of steel edging right at the top of the bracket
that is tilting the whole thing toward me,
lowering the effective height of the roller
|Our modified shims|
|Installed making the bracket perpendicular as it should have been|
Raising the roller