Thursday, April 13, 2017

Not too much to report

We're definitely in the wind down phase of our time in Florida.  We have said many good byes as our friends trickle north.  Tried to fit in a few lunches and dinners.  I helped a good friend with a project on his motorhome, got a few small items done on ours.  

The campground is about half empty now.  As the weather warms here, I think the perception is that it is also warm at home, so they get antsy, and most leave before they originally planned, including us.  We are leaving a couple weeks earlier than we initially thought, in fact we are leaving two weeks from tomorrow.  

We have accomplished all our projects, and all we want to do before we leave is wash the motorhome one last time, kick the tires, check the oil and we will be doing what we truly love to do, and that's traveling.

3 comments:

RVNUTS said...

Hi Bill, we have the same color 07 coach as you, other than ours is a 43PBQ with a Cummins ISX. I see in your photo that you have your mudflap on and no other protection for the front of your pickup. Do you have any trouble with chips on the front end of your pickup? I took our flap off as I was getting small road debris up around the wipers on my toad. Figured I was creating an air turbulence effect from the flap. I do have a rock guard that goes on my tow bar to keep the front from getting chipped up. I just switched toads from a Ford Flex to an F-150 so was curious seeing that you pull a full size Dodge pickup. Enjoy following your travels, we just retired and are going to get to use ours more as well now.

Bill said...

Nice to hear from you. I would say we each have beautiful coaches :-)
We have been towing for a long time, always with a mudflap. We have a little bit of chips right on the bumper of the truck, part of the issue is it is a painted bumper on this model, we should have gotten a chrome bumper. We towed this truck to Alaska and back, and have had no problems with rocks or road debris getting up on the hood. All in all we have towed this truck 36,500 with no problem.
Congrats on the retirement and safe travels!

RVNUTS said...

Thanks for the info Bill. I have a partial chrome and painted front bumper on the F-150. It's a new truck, so trying to be extra careful about dinging it up. Safe travels, maybe we'll cross paths one day. Randy