Sunday, June 2, 2013

Wow, June already!

Been quite a week.  A culmination of a problem I've been having since February turned into something a lot more dangerous than any of us including the doctor thought.  So after spending Tuesday and part of Wednesday in the hospital, I am fixed up, and as the doctor said, "good for another 30,000 miles" :-)  Hope it's at least that long.  With medication and an adjustment in lifestyle, hopefully I am good to go.

Bittersweet now, my mom is on the last leg of her journey in this world.  It has been a long process that I'm sure she never anticipated or hoped for.  Jan and I have such respect for hospice, the caring, sweet, compassionate people that are involved are truly saints.  We are obviously spending a lot of time with her right now.

I want to thank all of you who have cut me some slack with my "RV" blog that has morphed into something else, kind of a place where I can share what's happening with us and in some way derive satisfaction from doing so.  Jan and I can see a chapter in our lives coming to an end, one of the many bumps in the road of life that we all encounter and deal with.  We believe in a week or so we will get back to our nomadic lifestyle and rejoin the RV community just as my mom would want.

No comments: