Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fantastic!

We went to Cummins in Albuquerque to have them look at our hydraulic leak.  We got all checked in and were waiting for a tech to come over.  After about 30 minutes, we were very early for our appointment, a tech came strolling over.  He asked what we were doing there as if he didn't know?  I showed him the leak, he at first said, it looks like a bad fitting, duh.  Then he said they would have to put in a new hose, oh man, that is not what we wanted to hear.  The service guy on the phone when I talked to them to make the appointment said they would just put on a new end.  As I'm thinking of leaving, he says, can you give it some pressure?  I ran a slide in and out, he says give me a minute.  He comes back with some wrenches, loosens the fitting and is rewarded with getting sprayed down with hydraulic fluid, then really tightens it up, I mean he really leaned on it.  Wipes it down and says run the slide again.  I do and he says, "YOU"RE ALL SET".  WOW!  He says either something in the threads came out or you just hadn't really tightened it, either way it doesn't leak and there is no charge!  He wasn't even the regular tech, hence the fact he didn't have any idea why we were there, he just had a down moment while he was waiting on some parts and walked out to see what we were there for.  I bought his lunch as a thank you, he took care of the paperwork and we were out of there with a fixed hydraulic leak. Super!

So over to the campground we go, run some errands for Viv's birthday, then have a delicious dinner and super visit at Nancy and CT's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill,
Sounds like our airline MX, huh?
You know it will fail now just inside the marker with CatIII WX.

Brett

Bill said...

Keeping my fingers crossed:-)