Tuesday, March 19, 2024

T minus 10 Days and Counting

Our departure date is fast arriving now.  We're getting the last few things taken care of, trying to get the last lunches in, visits, HH's, and of course a few chores here and there.  

My drive to Atlanta to get my new crown was a mixed bag, it reminded me, even though we've driven it a hundred times, it is still a long, long drive, 8 and 1/2 hours each way.  Maybe I won't be so eager to do it in the future, although going to our very favorite dentist is very compelling, and then just to let us know Murphy is still alive and well, I found out I need a root canal on another tooth as well.  When it rains it pours:-)

Jan cheering me while I was in Atlanta.

Cheers!


You knew there would be food pics.  Jan and I ran down to Punta Gorda for a change and had a nice lunch on the water at the Riviera Bar and Grill.


Fried shrimp and onion rings, and those are pig wings on the bottom, yum!



I actually made dinner one night, seared scallops and fried corn over, yes, Jan's mashed potatoes.



I have completed my physical therapy for my left leg and I think it helped, I can walk much better now.  Also my medical tests have been completed and I have my final doctor appt later this week, hopefully all good news.  We also have been tweaking our summer plans.

Spring has sprung, maybe too much, pretty humid these days, but littles are appearing.

Yes, that's a baby tortoise

Jan and I went to one of our go to restaurants, the Dockside, we hadn't been to yet this year and had nice lunch. 

We split Ahi tuna nachos, and

a grouper wrap


Then we splurged again with yet another lunch at the Crow's Nest, complete with a Guinness!






Jan and our daughter, Kelly had been planning a mother-daughter cruise and the day arrived, Kelly flew in the night before.  I drove them up to Tampa where it was leaving from and on the way we had a nice lunch at Crabby Bill's on St Pete Beach.  A bit overcast, but nice anyway.






So after I got back and started my week of batching it, they got on and left the dock headed for the Caribbean.  I made the best of it with a nice bourbon at the motorhome, on the boat, Kelly with a G&T, Jan with a Canadian whiskey, and off they went........

My choice


Jan's

Kelly's

Underway

Under the Skyway Bridge leaving Tampa


My next post will most likely find us out of Florida, see you then!

No comments: